It seems the devs in NWI have finaly listened and have given XP to the community servers!
Play it on our now fully ranked, all mode XP server:
Dont forget to add it to your favourites!
Insurgency: Sandstorm has just received even more free content in update 1.3, and new players are welcome to try the game during its Steam Free Weekend, 10am PST Thursday June 20th to 10am PST Monday June 24th. Today’s monster update includes a remake of the indoor-focused classic Insurgency map ‘Ministry’, new weapons, new weapon upgrades, a zombie-inspired cooperative game mode called Frenzy, and more!
We are super excited with the response and community reception to Insurgency: Sandstorm so far. This content follows another large free content update in May which also featured a new map, customization options, a new hardcore cooperative game mode and more. We have many more free content updates planned for the rest of this year and 2020, including modding support, game modes, maps, weapons, and more. Take a look at some of what’s due to arrive in the next six months in the recently announced Free Content Roadmap for 2019.
If you like what you’ve been seeing, please consider giving us a review or updating your review on Steam. These reviews help grow our community and inform new players what the game is all about, and we’d love to have your thumbs up!
- New Map: “Ministry”
- Features extremely close quarters fighting in the interior of a besieged ministry building with narrow corridors, a vast marbled lobby, and a crowded underground parking garage.
- Playable in Skirmish, Firefight, Checkpoint, Hardcore Checkpoint, Frenzy Checkpoint and Team Deathmatch game modes.
XP can now be earned on community servers:
- Community server admins now have the ability to allow players to gain XP and earn cosmetic unlocks as they would in official matchmaking. This provides more incentive for players to play on community dedicated servers rather than our official matchmaking servers. Please follow our guide here to learn how to register your server with the stats system for XP gain.
- Modded servers or servers with any custom rules are also permitted provided they do not unfairly accelerate XP gain.
- New Co-op Arcade Game mode: “Frenzy”
- Checkpoint based mode with zombie-inspired enemies who run fast and attack you in melee or with Molotovs.
- Features special enemies like burning Flamers who explode into flames, fast moving Jumpers who teleport, and massive Bruisers who wear extra armor and soak damage.
- Playable on all maps including Ministry.
- The real April Fools’ joke is that it wasn’t a joke. Gotcha.